There are many interesting applications in the App Store and Google Play. So much so that in the end we don’t understand where which programs are on the phone and we can’t find the right one. Let’s put things in order and remove unnecessary icons on the screen.
How to completely remove an app from iPhone?
The device still “remembers” what was downloaded. This allows you to re-download the app from the App Store without having to buy it again. But still deleting, we free up space on the smartphone, so there is no problem with this.
On the phones
- hold your finger on the application, and select Remove application.
- to delete several at once – also hold your finger on the icon and select Change Home screen (or just hold your finger a little longer), all the “squares” will tremble. Click on the “-” icon and delete.
There are applications on iPhones that cannot be deleted, but you can “Remove from the Home screen” in the application library: App Store, Phone (in this case, you can delete Contacts), Camera, Photos, Clock (in this case, the Calendar is deleted), Settings.
To get to the Application Library, swipe left a few times (depending on how many pages you have on the Home screen) and you will see columns of grouped utilities. Here applications are deleted in the same ways.
This method is convenient in that you see how much precious space the program takes up and, horrified, delete it.
Settings – General – Storage. All applications will be here, starting from the most “heavy”. Select and delete.
How to completely remove an app from iPhone using iTunes
- we connect the smartphone to the computer, click on the iPhone icon – Programs;
- the pages of the main screen will appear, double-click on the applications and click on the cross;
- synchronize activities.
Can’t uninstall the app
Check the limit in settings. Starting with iOS 12: Screen Time – Content & Privacy – iTunes & AppStore Purchases – Delete Apps – Yes.
How to Completely Uninstall an App from Android
On Android, applications are divided into several categories.
- downloaded by the user – easily deleted;
- system ones that cannot be deleted, but can be disabled – Chrome, Gmail, Contacts, YouTube, and others. Disable, which means that it will not be updated, take up space, since data will not be replenished, and so on;
- system ones that cannot be deleted, because they directly affect the operation of the device – Sound Selection, Download Manager, and others.
If, when uninstalling, there is a choice – Disable – this is a program from the second paragraph. If you can neither delete nor disable – then from the third.
How to completely remove an application from android: ways
Via Google Play
Open the application – go to the profile – Manage applications and devices – Manage – select the application – Delete.
In this case, you can always download this program again without buying again.
On the screen
In the latest versions of Android, you can delete “icons” by holding your finger on them and then clicking Delete.
Settings – Applications (or Application Manager) – find the one you need – Delete.
Those. support on the Samsung.com website advises not only to uninstall the program but also to erase all data and clear the cache. Settings – Applications (Application Manager) – select the application – Memory – Clear data – back – Delete.
Now that you know all the deletion methods, your smartphone will always have order and free space.